Since June, 2017
Employers are a primary stakeholder for the Minnesota State IT Center of Excellence. Our goal with this platform is to build a strong IT Community by connecting with employers who want help build the IT talent pipeline in Minnesota. There are many ways to engage with with the Center of Excellence to Read more... create an innovative and dynamic IT community. Here are just a few strategies to connect with IT students, educators and other IT professionals in the state of Minnesota:
* Mentoring students
* Guest lecturing in classes: high school and college level
* Hiring students for internships and FUSION residencies
* Providing business showcase visits
* Sponsorship of events for students
* Serving on advisory councils
* Collaborating with educators
* Supporting and encouraging innovation
We need corporations, startups and government organizations to help Minnesota form tech talent for the future! This will increase our competitive edge in the IT industry.
So explore the many ways to become engaged and connect within this IT community Join a group, become a partner, attend an event, participate in a forum, add to the conversations, and enjoy the blogs. Participate in one or all of these great opportunities to connect. See you there!