IT and Cyber Scholarships
Available NOW, Sept 1, 2019 and due Feb 29, 2020.
(4) $3000 and (8) $1000 scholarships.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Scholarships will be selected for award based on the following criteria:
- Applicant’s ability to align with UMSA’s goals, mission and vision
- Quality of writing/essay response
- Personal goals and/or program of study relevant to at least one or more of the five fields mentioned above
- Phone interview
MHTA Foundation STEM Scholarships
Opens around March 15 and closes May 15.
$2500 and $5000 plus an internship opportunity
• Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
• Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
• Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
• Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2019 and presented to recipients at MHTA’s Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at time of award.
• In addition to traditional STEM fields, health science majors whose studies will NOT lead to participation in direct patient care are welcome to apply.
• The scholarship is open to international students, but preference is given to students who intend to work in Minnesota after graduation.
• Past scholarship winners are eligible to re-apply as long as they meet the rest of the requirements listed.
Faculty MUST fill this out on behalf of student. 1 award per college or department. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0DRkPbpS_El0g3cTnjlRQLnQYxn-u1iEkY_vDQpIcGqze0A/viewform
Information Coming Soon: Women in Cyberscurity – WiCyS
This scholarship pays for attendance at the WiCyS Conference March 12-14 in Colorado.
Deadline last year was November 1st.
500 scholarships are giving to attend and includes 2 nights shared lodging and conference meals and fees.
End of Messages